Position: Army Metering Program (AMP) Metasys Field Service Representative (FSR)
Location: Huntsville, AL (On-Site)
Clearance: Ability to Qualify (Secret)
Under limited direction, the AMP Metasys FSR is responsible for optimization of a customer’s energy program’s metering and control systems, and for training Energy Specialists on those systems. The FSR works with Facilities and Maintenance Directors to address mechanical and control issues for buildings.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
- Provide customer support and work with the project engineers, other system engineers, end-users, to assist in developing cost effective methods for an efficient Utility controls design and system solution.
- Work with essential/key team members to understand their systems requirements to ensure the correct IP infrastructure, points list, critical alarms, and scaling set points are integrated as designed.
- Properly addressing TCP/IP networks and RS-485 communications across multiple protocols including BACnet, Lon, Modbus, and others.
- Follow QA procedures to ensure quality control performed by others is properly implemented throughout projects.
- Write detailed daily reports pertaining to jobsite milestones
- Perform inspections, testing of utility monitoring systems.
- Coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure all projects are completed on time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of work related experience
- Ability to clearly present and communicate technical approaches and findings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve onsite issues.
- Willing to travel 10/15% with the continental U.S.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance; US citizenship required.
- CompTIA Security+ CE (or equivalent)
- Computing Environment, ACAS Requirement
- Strong Systems Administration/Analysis
- Must have Excellent Customer facing and communication skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with team members.
- Field service experience with Metasys
- Ability to act independently and to coordinate the work of other employees and contractors on a customer site.
- Knowledge/understanding of Utility Control Systems.
- Understand electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams, control diagrams, prints, building operations, and understanding of electrical theory.
- Knowledge of ICS, SCADA, BMS, PLC and Metering systems and how they operate.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other office suite applications.
Preferred Certification and Relevant Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must meet the Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8570.01 “Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management” and DoD 8570-M “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program”.
- Experience with IT/OT in an operational environment
- Field service experience, preferably with the following programs/software: Metasys, Niagra, Rockwell Factory Talk; Tridium; Schneider Electric: Powerlogic/Struxureware; Siemens: Apogee; Ignition: Inductive Automation; Eaton Networks; Field Servers; Jace Controllers; Bacnet; Niagara
- Experience with Microsoft SQL a plus
- Army experience a plus
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. GES, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.